|Shri. Seeram Sambasiva Rao IAS
Kerala State Information Technology Mission is an autonomous nodal IT implementation agency for Department of Information Technology, Government of Kerala established in 1999. A society registered under the Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act (Act 12 of 1955), Kerala State Information Technology Mission (KSITM) provides managerial support to various IT initiatives of the state government.
KSITM main objectives are to strengthen the E-Governance, IT infrastructure development and IT enabled services of the state government.
KSITM's primary responsibilities are:
- E- Governance
- Interfacing between the Government and the industry
- Strengthening the IT / ITES industry base
- Interacting with potential investors
- Holding promotional campaigns for hard selling the state
- ICT dissemination to bridge the digital divide
- Developing Human Resources for IT and ITES
- Advising the Government on policy matters
Kerala State IT Mission is a team of professionals from the industry and the Government and is headed by the Director, with the Additional Chief Secretary of Information Technology as the Chairman.
The Governing body of KSITM is chaired by the Hon'ble Minister for IT. Principal Secretary of Information Technology is the chairman of the Executive Committee of KSITM. The Director KSITM is the convener of the meetings of General Body and Executive Committee.